OATCCC Indoor State Championships Information
Registration is now CLOSED.
The OATCCC Indoor State Championships will be held at the University of Akron this year. The date of the meet is Saturday, March 4, 2017. The Division I meet will begin at 9:30 a.m. (DI schedule) and the Division II/III meet will begin at 3:30 p.m. (DII/III schedule).
The Ohio Association of Track and Cross Country Coaches Indoor State Championship is only open to 2017 paid members of our association. You can download a membership form here or you can look for your membership number here. The coaches’ membership number will be required for the athlete to participate.
To be eligible to participate in the OATCCC Indoor State Championships, an athlete must
- be a competitor on a high school team where the athlete attends school.
- be on a team approved and recognized by the local Board of Education (check with your athletic director).
- wear a school issued uniforms.
- meet all of the local eligibility requirements for participation on any OHSAA recognized athletic teams
- be coached by a Board of Education recognized coach.
- be coached by a paid member of the Ohio Association of Track and Cross Country Coaches.
- be listed on the printed Verification Form, signed by the school’s athletic director or principal.
No athlete will be permitted to compete if any of the previous criteria are known to have not been met, or if the official coach is not present at the meet or if any of the required "Verification Form” is not completed.
PERFORMANCE LISTS: Each week the OATCCC Performance List reflects the TOP 35 athletes in each event. This year the list is compiled on OHMilesplit.
QUALIFYING TO THE INDOOR STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: The goal of the OATCCC is to have 18 athletes compete in each event. To qualify for participation in the championship meet any athlete (or relay team) must meet the following requirement.
- The athlete or relay team must be listed on the final Top 35 Performance List on February 27th for each event in which they will be entered.
- Only athletes obtaining marks while representing their official school name are included on the performance list. Athletes listed as unattached or coached by a team not meeting the previously stated criteria are not eligible. No club affiliated or unattached athletes will be listed or are eligible to compete.
- Each high school team may only qualify two individuals and one relay team per event.
REGISTRATION FOR THE INDOOR STATE CHAMPIONSHIP:
On February 27th the Final Top 35 Performance List will be published. To enter the OATCCC Indoor State Championships, the official coach of the high school team must register all athletes and relays from the Final Top 35 Performance List on OHMilesplit.
The Top 35 performances are listed for each event because not all schools with an athlete or relay team in the Top 18 will choose to compete. Therefore, all coaches should enter all of their athletes listed on the final performance list, not just those in the Top 18.
The registration window will ONLY remain open from 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 27th until midnight Tuesday, February 28th. Failure to declare by this deadline will result in non-acceptance into the meet. To participate in the championships the athletes or relay teams must appear on the OATCCC Indoor State Championship official meet entries lists. The entries list will be posted no later than Thursday, March 2nd. Only the best 18 marks of the possible 35 entries will compete (ties will also be included).
The entry fee is $7.00 per individual event and $20.00 per relay. Please bring a check payable to the OATCCC to check in.